Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday July 27, 2009,
One of the sweet ladies for the Charity shop, Eunice , offered to drive me to get the train to Italy Friday.
I think my laptop has crashed, I will try to have it checked out when I get to Italy.
I made a new soup today, it has mussel broth,shallots, potatoes, fried onions, left over fettechini, garlic toasted crotons. I think I will call it minestrone a la Jugon.
I am having problems using the phone card, it has all the lines are buzy, their is only one phone booth and I seem to be the only one who uses it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gene,
Have a safe trip back to Italy. How long is the train ride and where will you land in Italy? Wish just spent 4 days in Yosemite, biked and flyfished. We may try to go to France next summer to see Lance Armstrong race a few mtn stages of the tour. Have to see the route and figure out logistics......take care Gene and hope you get laptop and photo upload issue resolved.
Bob and Viv

genethebean said...

The train is a night train from Paris to Rome, a 16 hour ride.
I have not seen next years route of tour de France.
As you know their are 20 days of racing;