Monday, March 23, 2009

March 23,2009 Monday
I hope I got the day and date right.
Sunday was raining and a little cold, it even hailed a little. I went to church , about the same number of people as Saturday, no one under 40 years old. Itwas very nice, ladies sang. I took communion again,felt good.I made articokes, Christmas eve spagetti and had some hot chocolate.
I had noticed the other day on the bus ride in the country that they have trimed back the olive trees and grape vines.
I watched some great sports on TV, their was a rugby match between Ireland and Wales, it was close and exciting, lead changed hands a lot, tempers flared, Ireland won. I also watched a soccer match with Roma and Juventus, Juventus won. I watched a bike race, Lance Armstrong got injured in a pile up and had to be hospitalized.
They have a few TV shows on cooking, they give teams items of food, they have to prepare meal in 30 minutes, it is very entertaining.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the Italian show called "X Factor"? It's the Italian version of "American Idol"...so much more entertaining, as you can imagine...

Anonymous said...

Hi!

This is one awesome blog!

Love

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Glad you are having so much fun cooking! Italia is home to the Slow Foods movement, a [now] worldwide movement celebrating home cooked meals, saving samples of heirloom foods and seeds, saving cookbooks and recipes, etc.
A rebellion against fast food.

***
I enjoyed those type of cooking shows in other countries also. In one country I went to, they had a food show about what were the top ten most disgusting smelling and tasting foods in the world, then made contestants in a sealed booth try them.

The top rank thing was some type smelly raw fermented fish from Scandinavia, then a type of fermented egg from Korea.

But in Italia everything was only molto bene!

Love

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are watching the blog, everyday is exciting, thinking of venture and foods. I sometimes wake up in middle of night and cook something.
love
genethebean

Anonymous said...

yes, I watch the show X factor

Anonymous said...

mmmm...Scandinavian Lutefisk...yum!

Anonymous said...

especially during Christmas holidays,
do you know it is actually cured with lye !

genethebean