Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday March,29,2009
Went to church,cooked osso buco and rissoto.
I had a bus driver yesterday that must have taken lessons from a friend of mine, every right turn, he ran over the curb.
I have noticed that most everyone hangs their laundry outside to dry. What I noticed , that their is never any underwear?
It could be
1. they don't wash underwear,
2. they don't wear underwear,
3.they dry underwear inside
4, they use hairdryers to dry underwear.
What is the answer ? Should I ask? Who should I ask ?
I tried to google it but got nowhere.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe they wear it once and then throw it out!?

Anonymous said...

Hi!

They probably have a trype of unwritten restrictive covenants about such things.

They probably dry out their unmentionables on a rack in the house: by a heater in the winter, near a window where there's a fresh breeze and sunlight in the summer.

Love

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I made various comments below, all the way down to the horsie pic, and has some questions for you also.

I've been reading Jeremy Plotkin's Italy for the Gourmet Traveller [or something like that] to understand more what I am seeing in this blog.

One interesting thing: in Roma, each day of the week the locals eat a different food. On a certain day is gnocchi, another day is pasta e fagioli, and so on: each day a different thing.

When an Italiano friend, born 1896, wrote to me about her life in the New World, she said exact same thing! "Growing up we had ___ on Monday, ___ on Tuesday," etc.

So is interesting to me that even though was cucina povera and from Campagna area, still had that Roma concept of each day is a certain type of food.

Also, I make a correction: ham and egg pie is called torta rustica, not pizza rustica.

Hope this meets you in good health and happiness.

Love

Anonymous said...

Is this your way of asking for fresh underoos?
:)

genethebean said...

I love all the insight and comments