Friday, March 20, 2009

March,20,2009
Today is the “Cioccocolattando” the chocolate feastival. I got up early fixed breakfast of sausage,onions,peppers,zucchini,with a Marsala wine sauce, had it on a fresh baked roll, with a salad of bib lettuce,tomatoes,fresh mozzarella,olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.
I took a bus the main terminal, to get a schedule to where the feast was going to be.I found out they only go there once an hour, and service ends at 8 PM.
I have noticed the street cleaners still use hand made brooms of branches. I made some phone calls, then went to get the bus. I missed the bus, so I took another one and tought I could walk the rest of the way. Well I did but I had to walk about two miles!
The Cioccolattando was not what I expected, it was amazing tho, the chef Vito Filingeri had made about one hundred large pieces out of chocolate. Many of them were for Pasqua ,Easter, but he also had many other items, they all were for sale. They had free samples all very delicious.
When I got back I fixed Christmas eve angel pasta, wow, it was good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you were to hold your own Chocolate-Fest, what would it be like?

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Walked two miles!!! OMG are you okay?!!!
Bet you slept good that night though...

Love

genethebean said...

my own chocolate fest would be all eating samples
I am getting good at walking here

love

Anonymous said...

I would have tickets made of English Toffee, and a red-carpet made of red velvet cake. In the VIP section, I would have canopy beds draped in sheets of white chocolate...and chocolate feathers to gag the VIPs with, so they could indulge in more of the festivities!Yummy.