Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sunday March21,2009
Today I went to church, it was very nice, just like the Catholic churches in the U.S. Not many people in church only about 40. Most of the men sat in the rear, average age about 50.
When the priest got to the part when everyone greeted each other, someone tapped my back, it was the old lady I give coins to, she gave me a big smile. I went up and took Holy Communion too.
I got 2 cannolis from pastry shop, then I thought, I can make my own dessert, but even better. I made a crepe, filled it with fresh sweetened riccotta,some of the candied ornage peel I made, made sauce with amarretto and poured it over it. It was better than any pastry shop, I think I am becoming my mother, she always said she could make better than what you get out, I think so too.The thing is here they have all the best ingredients, all you have to do is put them together.
Today, I made wild mushroom ravioli with a sausage tomato sauce,wit riccota. I also made polenta and put the sauce ov it.
For supper I had greens with some baby brocoli ,ancohvies,olive oil,garlic and olives.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I'll be going to church tomorrow to work on these sinful feeling of JEALOUSY that I've been having...

Anonymous said...

Hey! You posted Sunday March 21st? (pick one Saturday the 21st, or Sunday the 22nd)Exactly what day did you go to church? Is that why there weren't too many people there...it was Saturday mass? Your brain is turning into cannoli filling. Delicioso.

genethebean said...

wow
I thought yesterday was Sunday!
no wonder all the stores were open!

Anonymous said...

Meanwhile all the other locals are thinking, "what a nica boy-a goes-a to church-a tutti dei giorno!"

genethebean said...

yes,especially since I went to church again today, the real sunday.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

"Too much of a good thing is wonderful!"
-- Mae West

Love